It's been in the works for far too long, but tonight I'm proud to finally unveil the new PugSpot!
My purpose for the new PugSpot was to get back to the basics of what people really like to do here and make that super easy.
You may notice that quite a few "features" from the old site are no longer here...and that's intentional. Additionally there are quite a few rough edges or things that don't work exactly how I'd like, but I'd rather start with that then never get this thing out the door.
Some of the new features/enhancements:
• All comments happen instantly. The page won't refresh when you add a comment, it will just instantly add it to the page. For instance, you can add a comment while watching a video without it interrupting what you're watching.
• Comment directly on Articles
• Photo uploading is much faster and more reliable
• Video uploading is much faster and more reliable. You can also upload multiple videos at a time.
• Login with Facebook. If you go to your Edit Profile page, you can "Connect" your Facebook account, so you can then loving directly with Facebook. It's much faster. - http://pugspot.com/users/edit
• Activity stream. On the front page of the site you can see all the most recent activity around the site!
There are a number of features that still need to be implemented, and will be in the next couple of weeks:
• Email notifications for topics you're subscribed to
• Daily email updates about activity on your topics/photos/videos/etc
• "Give pug a treat"
• Pug of the Week
• Community Map
• Pug smilies
• ...and much much more!
If you notice any funny business or want some feature, feel free to reply to this message or post in the Support forums
Let me know what you think!